Thursday, November 15, 2007

Like a finely aged bottle of wine.

Before I get into my newest personal discovery, I want to give a little break down of what's been going on since last week. It looks like my blog may become just a weekly deal by the way things are going here. I just don't sit in front of my laptop as half as much as I used to. Maybe if more stuff happens during the week that deserves it's own post, then I'll have an extra one or two posts a week.

Saturday was a kind of flop of sorts. I was expecting to hang out with Sayaka and her friends at their school festival for the day but plans changed. They forgot to mention that they were running a booth at their school and they weren't really free to go and do stuff with me for the day, so I ended up wasting part of my day waiting around to find that out. So in order to save the rest of the day, I decided to wander Kofu city. I made the most of the rest of my day checking out the castle ruins, which probably looks really awesome at night because it is decked out for Christmas with lights. I also wandered up the local hills and saw some really cool abandoned homes and other buildings. I bet that area would be super fun to check out at night if you are into 'haunted' stuff like I am.

That night, I ended up spending the evening with a few people I met during the Halloween party. A guy named Travis and his friend Nisa, kind of took me under their wing and showed me their town's night life. I had a great time wining and dining with them but blew a huge hole into my wallet. But, when I look back at all the stuff I ended up doing, it was well worth it.

Finally we get to this week. Nothing really special happened this week, it's pretty much another ho-hum run of the mill week with a small twist. Apparently my friend AD on a Japanese travel site was answered by a lady named Yuko. Yuko also happens to be a friend of one of the ladies that works at my school. So last night (Wednesday), we went out for dinner for our first meeting. We ended up spending about three hours just talking about random stuff. Yuko seemed pretty happy to meet me and I am glad to have met her too. She wants to meet me for dinner this Friday again, so that's pretty cool. As I get to know her better, I'll share more. Until then, Kherri, no pics/gifs/divx.
Now, back to the meaning title of this entry. I was just glancing in the mirror when I noticed something shiny in my hair. I thought I had something stuck in my hair so I ran my hand through it and found that it was a pair of silver hairs. I decided to leave them in there because they are under the top layer of my hair. I wonder how they got there in the first place. Could it be natural ageing, or was it stress? Who knows, but it looks like my body's showing its true mileage a little earlier than I expected. It looks kind of cool, but I am sure as more pop up, I'll probably not enjoy their presence as much. I'm only 26 for goodness sakes! At least I'm not balding...

No comments:

Post a Comment