Monday, March 3, 2008

Rearranged the room a bit...

1186375055229 My room has been suffering from a sense of sterility as of late. It feels as if I am living in a school dormitory or something, so I decided to liven things up a bit and make it mine.
First off, my new monitor that Yuko bought for me back in January looks really great sitting a few inches higher on a cheap storage rack I bought at Trial for a measly 1000 yen. Now that the monitor is sitting upon a shelf, it really gives the illusion of it being a DSC00009little bigger than it really is. The monitor looked really sad before I added the shelf. Plus, I freed up some extra space for my sexy white Sega Saturn. Hopefully I'll be able to add a Sega Dreamcast to complete my ivory empire of consoles.  In the second corner of my room, I placed a cheap particle board cabinet. It was only 700 yen brand new, all I had to do was assemble it. It makes my room look less empty and hides my  unsightly extension power strip. If the architect who designed this apartment had a little sense they would have put another socket on the wall near my shelf. Oh well, that's Japan for you. I moved all my manga and CDs/DVDs to the new cabinet in the DSC00007 corner. It looks like it belongs there now, especially when I have figurines on top of it.
Something not pictured here, is my new mattress I bought for my loft 'bed.' I've been sleeping on three layers of crappy bedding for the past seven months or so and I haven't had a decent night of sleep the whole time. So I finally broke my cheap streak and bought a decent mattress for myself. It's a little stiff but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I'd rather have a firm mattress than what I've been sleeping on lately...
Finally, I added a cork board frame to my bare wall. I've been searching for something just the right size to put there and then it dawned on me, some kind of picture collage would work well there instead of a flimsy anime poster. It worked out pretty well and didn't DSC00006 cost much (700 yen.) I plan to buy a couple of smaller ones to flank it and make my room seem more symmetrical. The unfinished wood look is really prevalent in my room. Lots of browns... I regret buying that brown futon cover now...
DSC00008 Well, that's it for today. If I add anymore junk to my room, I'll keep y'all updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment