Sunday, November 30, 2008

Nothing really to report. Business as usual here.

12527D~1 This is more of a filler entry than I'd like but I felt a strong need to update my neglected blog as of late. I'm getting more and more excited to head home for Christmas and its causing me to loose focus on work a little bit. For the past couple of weeks my schools have been on strange schedules because of festivals, tests, and other random events so I've been left with a really light schedule resulting in serious laziness on my part. This post is mostly for my mom who probably keeps clicking on this site hoping for updates.
AVATAR~3 See the picture to the right? That's the my digital representation of me on Xbox live. With the new Xbox 360 update, I am now able to access many new features like avatar creation. Ever since the end of October, I've managed to catch up with a lot of my Xbox 360 games I bought over the past year. I finally beat Lost Odyssey with all but one achievement, beat the snot out of Beautiful Katamari and it's online bonus levels, and also managed to chip away even further at Forza Motorsport 2. My Xbox 360 gives me about 75 percent of my weekly entertainment which helps keep the cost of life down and my gaming addiction strong. Another reason my Xbox 360 keeps me entertained is due to its system update that completely changed how it works and looks. I can now chat more with my friends through voice chat and watch Netflix movies instantly.
But enough about games, let's catch up a little bit with how my life's been going. I've finally managed to save money for the first month ever by meeting my target of 100,000 yen (1,000 US dollars.) I've been able to save money since I moved to my new apartment back in July but most of the money I saved each month before this one has been put into random things like my TV, unexpected bills, and my plane tickets to the US for Christmas.
$1,000 may seem like a drop in the bucket as far as savings go but it's a huge step in the right direction for me. Unfortunately, part of what I saved from last month will most likely go toward some new clothes and time well spent with my friends and family back in San Diego. If nothing unexpected comes up within the next year I should be on target to save at least $10,000 which I would use to settle my credit card balance and student loans. I really want to come back to the US debt free and I think its possible if I can continue to be tight with my money and pray Japan's cost of living doesn't skyrocket again like it did a few months ago.
I really hope my short 10 days in San Diego will be full of fun and good memories for me. I look forward to catching up with friends and also look forward to seeing my new nephew and the rest of my family in a few weeks.
I'm not sure if I will update my blog again before I head off to San Diego but if anything interesting comes up, I'll post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment