Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I finally got real snow.

DSC00026  It finally happened. A real snow day! I have been anticipating this day all winter long and I finally got it at the least expected time. March tends to be a little late for snow around my parts but this year was an exception. All the variables to make snow lined up perfectly. It was at or below 5 degrees Celsius, precipitation was high, and it had been cloudy or raining for the past week which helped keep the ground temperature down.
DSC00024It snowed all day without stopping but snow only piled up on things like roofs, cars, and trees. The rest of the snow melted as soon as it hit the ground. I was hoping for a heavier snow that stuck to every thing but rain washed it all away in the morning. I was kind of saddened by the lack of snow that I expected to greet me in the morning, but at least my car was covered with it when I left for work.
 DSC00010 In other news, I had my last 3rd grade junior high lesson at Ashiyasu. The students at Ashiyasu are pretty cool and kind and the 3rd graders were no exception. At the end of class my most favorite 3rd grade student pulled me aside and handed me an envelope full of short messages from her class.
So I ended up getting two things from graduating classes. Now I just have to figure out what I should do with them. I may have to start a physical scrapbook or album to hold all this stuff I’m collecting.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool! You should take picts. of them and make a photo book of memories.

    ReplyDelete