Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tokyo Game Show 2009

DSC00002 If you know me well enough, you’ll know I’m really into playing and collecting video games. So what better place to nerd out than one of the bigger game expos in the world than the Tokyo Game Show.
I’ve been wanting to attend TGS ever since the first time I lived in Japan. I finally got to go because Yuko actually agreed to come along. Going there alone would have been boring for me even if my girlfriend isn’t all that into games. But the cool thing about Yuko wanting to come along is that she actually was interested. Maybe I’m wearing her out with my games, I don’t know.
 DSC00039Most of the major game publishers and system manufacturers outside of Nintendo were at TGS in full force. The place is fairly large and most of the events had people packed in like sardines. I only managed to play test one game called Bayonetta at the SEGA booth. But that was enough to satisfy me.
DSC00054 It was neat to see how the Japanese hold expos, since I'm a seasoned veteran of E3 and Anime Expo. Lot’s of cosplayers, booth hotties, and plenty of free goods if you were willing to stand in line for it. Maybe if I were single and about 6 years younger I’d be going nuts there but I think having Yuko around for over 2 years has tamed me quite a bit. Not that it’s a bad thing, it’s definitely helped me curb my big spending habit on new games. I appreciate my hobby a bit more now.
DSC00066
DSC00005
DSC00087
DSC00080
DSC00034 
DSC00068
DSC00067
Driving there was pretty fun too. I got to experience the scary, narrow, and notoriously crowded Tokyo Highway system (Shutoko.) It’s cool being able to drive on the same highway as one of my favorite racing video games, Tokyo Extreme Racer (Shutoko Battle.) 
After the game show we hit a nearby IKEA and Costco for some cheap food and interior goods. I ended up buying another large block of Colby jack cheese, beef jerky, mashed potato mix, and another slice of yummy pizza. At IKEA I picked up a big cinnamon scented candle to get me into the fall seasonal mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment