Friday, November 20, 2009

I needed more room.

DSC00010With my recent purchase of the Billy Blanks workout kit paired with Yuko’s nagging to plug in the kotatsu again has forced me once again to rearrange my tiny room.


DSC00003
I used to have all my stuff at a weird angle which really made my room seem a lot smaller than it really is. DSC00009I’d always bump into the loft ladder trying to access my closet behind the couch, or ram my shin into my kotatsu in the middle of the night trying to find my way to the kitchen area. I finally had enough of the cramped, although functional layout of my old room and moved all my stuff in a couple of hours on Monday night.
 DSC00014My room is now is laid out length wise like it used to be last year, except this time the TV is where my couch was. When I moved in, I really wanted my setup to be this way but I was too lazy to route wires and I didn’t have all the cool stuff I do now to make it as functional as it is now.
DSC00011 There’s no power outlet on the wall where my TV is now, so I had to improvise with a long power strip cable which is in plain view but not in the way of any foot traffic. I also routed my stereo speaker wires, cable TV, and Ethernet cables next to the large window that is covered in curtains. Even when the window’s open, the wires are neatly managed in one of those wire spindle things.
DSC00006
DSC00019After rearranging my room I felt it was a good idea to do a little seasonal decoration again. It’s almost Christmas season so I got some tinsel and a few figurines to lay about my room. I’ll probably get some lights too. So far I’ve only spent 600 on decorations so far. I might even get a small artificial Christmas tree with built in fiber optic lights to complete the decorations.
DSC00017
Now with a much wider room, I am able to do just about every exercise in Billy Blanks Amped without the worry of injuring myself or destroying property. I’m happy as is Yuko. Heck, if I had enough friends around, I think I might be able to properly host a small gathering here now. Too bad nobody visits.

1 comment:

  1. Scott, your place looks really nice. Glad you decorated for Christmas too! We missed you.

    <3 Faye

    ReplyDelete