Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Yay, snow!

DSC00006 It’s been a while since I’ve seen snow fall. The weather around here has been cold enough for snow for weeks, but nothing till today when it wasn’t even forecasted to happen.
I’m lucky it snowed on the second to last day of my winter vacation. I’ve been hoping it would snow sooner, but at least I got to walk around in it before having to go to work and watch it fall from a classroom window.
DSC00007It only snowed for about 4 hours so there really isn’t anything to pick up and play in today. The snow was too wet and light to accumulate on the ground, although it did create some slush and ice slicks in certain parts of the road.
I’d like to see it snow here one more time before winter ends in late February, early March. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.
Some of you wanted to see recent pictures of me, so here are a few from the local museum park during the light snow shower.

DSC00013
Oh! And by the way, if you click the images you will be able to view the original full resolution pictures from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment