Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ghooooooooooost Busters!

DSC00003 Who are you gonna call? Well, Ghost Busters of course! (The following images can be clicked to reveal their much larger, full sized photos.)
I’ve loved these movies since my childhood and even though I was still in diapers when the first one came out. Last year I bought a movie poster replica of the first movie and this year I came across two of the more unique finds I’ve had while living in Japan. I found original copies of the Japanese movie program.
DSC00004 What’s cool about Japan theaters even to today is that you can buy collector programs of most any movie. These programs hold production notes, story synopsis, and miscellaneous production shots from the movie that sometimes never made it to DVD extras or other collectables that we’d see in the US.
I found these programs scattered about my local recycle shop that I visit every other month. They are in pretty good condition considering they are over 20 years old. Ghost Busters 1 is not as in good shape as Ghost Busters 2 but it’s still a cool find. I picked up Ghostbusters 1 for 100 yen and 2 for 399. I couldn’t resist picking up both as a set. I also found Back to the Future III and a few other miscellaneous movie programs, but they weren’t as interesting to me as the Ghost Busters ones.
DSC00005 The original Ghost Busters program is in full color and the sequel is in an ugly yellow grayscale print. The color of the covers and their content is still as vibrant as it was when they were sold over 20 years ago. I think whoever sold the programs to the recycle shop was a collector of sorts who either came on hard times or just didn’t care anymore about the stuff he/she had.
I’m not sure what to do with them besides put them back in their protective plastic baggies that the store placed them in. I would like to frame them or something but I’m worried I may damage them. I also wonder if these things are even worth any money. Well, it really doesn’t matter as they hold sentimental value for me.
I look forward to my next big discovery at the recycle shop!
DSC00002 DSC00003

No comments:

Post a Comment