Tuesday, March 9, 2010

MORE SNOW! Oh yeah!

kool1 It’s been nearly a month since the last time it snowed here and I had all but pretty much given up any hope that I’d see a snow storm as good as my first one back in 2007. I got a big surprise around 2pm when the rain turned into snow and started piling up on everything in sight.
I haven’t seen it snow like that for a couple of years and I was really excited to see it pile up in my backyard as I imagined it would when I first moved into the place. The snow looked pretty cool all piled up in my back yard… I totally forgot to roll up a snowman back there. Oh well, the kids down the street did.
DSC00008 The snow fell hard and heavy enough to make some tree branches break and strain power lines. I’m really glad that no power lines snapped in my area. Having a cold snowy night without electricity would suck. I’m sure the people on the east coast of the US know what I am talking about…
DSC00011
DSC00016
DSC00018
DSC00004  I have been playing around with settings on my camera and have been trying hard not to use flash, even with night shots. I think my car picture came out pretty well after bumping up the brightness of the picture. It almost looks like day time.
Of course all things must come to an end. The snow stopped sometime during the middle of the night while I was sleeping. I really hoped that it would continue to snow throughout the evening and into the day, but then I probably wouldn’t have been able to make it safely to school.
Here are a few pictures of my block before I drove off for work.
DSC00008
DSC00012
DSC00013
I was even more excited the next morning as it was cold enough that the snow stuck around. Of course it was equally bad because it caused a lot of traffic and made the road a little dangerous for people not expecting so much snow the next day.
DSC00015 My car’s snow tires and my experience driving in poor icy conditions was enough to get me to and from work safely. Yuko was fine too although she had to dig out her car in the morning. She didn’t seem very happy about that.
If it snows again, I will be very surprised and happy. The snow on the 9th was just as unexpected as last month’s snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment