Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hakone Fujiya Hotel

DSCF0004When Yuko and I had our wedding we got a few free things from the hotel we got married at. One of the freebies was a free voucher for lodgings at any of their hotel chains across Japan. We decided we’d stay at the historic Hakone Fujiya Hotel.
I originally wanted to stay during the autumn leaves season in November but we couldn’t make it happen so we postponed it for early spring. I really wish we didn’t go when we did, I had the fiercest allergic reaction to pollen I’d ever had in my life. I think it was the catalyst for the following month of agony I’d have from allergies and congestion.
DSCF0009Putting my health complaints aside, the area around the hotel is very scenic and photo worthy. The hotel its self is very old, over 100 years old as a matter of fact. They kept it as close as they could to period as they could outside of the large flat screen TV in our room.
The plumbing, light fixtures, and especially the bathtub were all relics of the past. A lot of original fixtures were still in use there surprisingly and it showed. I was expecting a more up-kept slightly modernized hotel like the one I am familiar with in Coronado. Either way it was a good hotel to stay at and one of the most expensive places I’ve ever been a guest at.
Yuko tells me that Yoko Ono and John Lennon stayed here. I guess it is somewhat famous outside of just being historically old.
DSCF0011
DSCF0010
DSCF0015
DSCF0006
Yuko seemed really happy to be there. I wish I could have said the same but I was so out of it from puffy eyes and an inflamed repertory system from all the pollen that I barely even slept more than an hour straight. I want to go there again some day to experience it properly. Maybe I would have more to write about. Smile
DSCF0026
DSCF0021

No comments:

Post a Comment