Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A blast from the past

DSCF0003I love carbonated drinks. I have all my life but when I was a kid, I didn’t get it as much as I probably wanted to. Probably for the best though as I never had any real trouble with my teeth. Thanks mom.

Of all the things I could find in a Japanese soda fridge, I found a chilled bottle of Mello Yello. I think this stuff was discontinued early in my childhood so I really can’t remember how the stuff tasted. So I was pretty happy to come across it and bought it for 98 yen without a second thought.

I just had my first taste of Mello Yello after a long time and I really like it. I hope it stays out on the market permanently. I think I found a serious competitor for my favorite soda MTN Dew.

Here’s the recently released Japanese commercial for Mello Yello. I think it’s perfect and doesn’t grate me with over the top annoyances like overused pop idols or boring school uniform clad teens gulping it down overdramatically. Here’s the video…

No comments:

Post a Comment