Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sukiyaki and Shabu-shabu at the same time!

DVC00005After a long day of hiking with Joel, my wife wanted to go out to dinner to a new Shabu Shabu restaurant that just opened up in town. So my wife, Joel, and I headed on down to the restaurant for some yummy all you can eat Shabu-shabu and Sukiyaki.

DVC00006

It was my first time eating Sukiyaki or Shabu-shabu so I really didn’t know what to expect. I had a feeling they’d be kind of tasteless because you just dip the thin sliced meat strips in the boiling soup base for a few seconds. I was wrong though and it turned out to be some of the best Japanese food I’ve ever eaten.

Shabu-shabu on the left and Sukiyaki on the right. Awesome cooking pot design.

DVC00007

I will be doing this again, but maybe at our own house next time. We’ve actually got everything we need to do Sukiyaki or Shabu-shabu at our own house. Of course, restaurant style is always best as they use the highest quality stuff and I don’t have to do the dishes afterward.

The meat looks like candy. So perfect.

DVC00008 DVC00009

Really, not much to write about after that. We left with bulging stomachs from the all you can eat Shabu-Shabu and Sukiyaki. It was a great feeling.

Here’s a couple of videos of what it looks like in action…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment