Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Zenkouji Shrine in Kofu, Yamanashi Japan

Our second big stop during my mother’s visit tour was the Zenkouji Shrine also in Kofu, Yamanashi. This one is just as accessable as the Takeda Shrine and not too far from Kofu station as well.

This is the third time I’ve visited the Zenkouji Shrine I think… I think the last time was during a very sweaty summer. This time was with my baby son. Since it was kind of windy he stayed in the car with my wife as we hurredly took in the scenery and all the pictures we could stuff our cameras with.

The grounds are pretty huge as is the shrine’s main building which anyone can enter. We were really lucky to go during an off-season because this place can get really crowded during holiday seasons and summertime. Even though we didn’t have much time to look around, we got to see everything without a ton of other tourists poo-pooing our shots. That was kind of nice. Smile

Apparently there is also an underground part to this shrine as well but I didn’t have time to enter it. Check it out, its supposed to be pretty cool.

Here’s a few videos of the grounds…

The grounds outside of Zenkouji.
A silly video of me walking through a “spooky” area.

No comments:

Post a Comment