Monday, May 21, 2012

Annular solar eclipse in Japan with proper pictures!

105In my last blog entry I shared some boring pictures I took with my own cheapo Fujifilm Finepix 10.0 megapixel camera. I couldn’t figure out how to adjust the settings to stop it from being so sensitive to the sun.
I left home this morning thinking I’d have nothing else to write about the eclipse but I was wrong. One of my friends at school Mister Kikushima, who happens to be a pretty decent photographer, offered his collection of photos he snapped on the school grounds before school. He uses a really nice Canon EOS Kiss Digital camera with an assortment of fancy mega lenses.
Mr. Kikushima didn’t use any special filters to get these shots because he benefitted from the heavy cloud cover. In a way, the clouds helped his camera get better shots without much effort. At leat not much more effort than he’s used to. I am not sure I’d be able to get anywhere near the same result.
He took all kinds of pictures but I will share only a handful of the 100+ he gave me.
033 037
This got me to thinking, maybe I should invest in a better camera and possibly learn how to use a camera properly as well. It might be useful one day… It would at least make this blog a bit more interesting.
Enjoy the rest of the pictures below. スマイル

049 050
055 072
091 090
Again, thanks Mr. Kikushima for these awesome shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment