Monday, May 21, 2012

I experienced an annular solar eclipse!

DSCF0010I woke up to Huey Lewis’ Back in Time at 7am this morning. I quickly sprang out of bed and checked the skies for any sign of sunshine. My predictions of complete cloud cover came to prove mostly true though as there was a huge patch of clouds heading in my apartment’s direction just before full eclipse.

DSCF0005I managed to get some VERY amateur pictures but I wish I put a little more thought into how and where I was going to point my camera. I might have been able to get something a bit more visible. Well, I’m no photographer and I did what I could do. I got pictures mostly washed out from the sun without using the UV filter and reflections of my camera or myself with the UV filter on.

DSCF0004 DSCF0011

-If you click to enlarge the photos you’ll notice a teeny tiny speck of the sun on the center of the film. Neat.

DSCF0010 

Without the filter. My camera just saw sun. I wish I knew how to manually filter stuff with it. Oh well..

 

DSCF0017I watched a good portion of the eclipse live on Japanese TV. I must say that 30 minutes or so covering the solar eclipse was some of the best Japanese TV I’ve seen in a long time. The talentless morons were drawn back from the spotlight to give the true star its time to shine. It should happen more often, both the eclipse and holding back “talent.”

I guess that’s all there is left to say about the eclipse. Now I have a neat UV filter I can stare at the sun with… I kid, I won’t use it for that.

This is all I could see during the full eclipse at 7:33am Sad smile

DSCF0023

At least TV had my back.

DSCF0015 DSCF0019

DSCF0018 DSCF0020

No comments:

Post a Comment