Saturday, February 8, 2014

First big snow of the year! Not only first, but BIGGEST EVER!

IMG_20140209_084335

This entry was written in the middle of the summer, so it’s not as fresh a memory as I’d like, oh well.

I always look forward to days like this since I come from southern California where there isn’t any snow unless you go to the mountains. The forecast called for some sleet but nothing like what I woke up to. I got nearly a whole night and morning of snow. I have never seen so much snow fall here in the last seven years of living here. I was in heaven!

IMG_20140209_092023 IMG_20140209_092027

The snow ended up killing plans to go out with friends but at least I got the snow I always wanted. I really wanted to see more but it barely falls in my part of Yamanashi. We usually get maybe at most 5-8 inches of snow. The problem about snow here is that nobody shovels it right. It ends up getting piled up and freezing into ice. That or it forms nasty ice ruts in the roads because the city doesn’t have any money invested in road salting or plows due to it barely snowing here maybe twice a year.

IMG_20140209_092037 IMG_20140209_083911

I was the only one who was prepared in my apartment complex. I ended up shoveling out the driveway and parking lot by myself. I wasn’t too happy about that but I knew it had to be done or I wouldn’t be able to get my cars out for work on Monday.

Little did I know back then that I’d regret wanting more…

No comments:

Post a Comment